WORKING SESSION: "RETHINKING PEACE EDUCATION- CHALLENGES IN CYPRUS"
- To introduce Cypriot educators to the field of Peace Education from the perspective of the pedagogy and investigation for peace.
- To provide an overview of the history, central concepts , research and practices .
- To learn about peace methodology and the new concept of Culture of Peace .
- To explore how Peace Education works both within the formal educational system and through non formal channels such as community-based movements and non-governmental organizations.
Peace Education refers not only to the content of education but also to the process of teaching and learning .
- Thats why, this course will aim to model peace pedagogy by promoting inquiry, collaboration and dialogue and giving attendants the opportunity to share experiences and think together possible practices and programs on Peace Education in Cyprus .
Trainer: Prof. Dr. Alicia Cabezudo
When: Thursday, 22nd of November, at 15:30-19:30Where: Youth Hostel of the Cyprus Youth Board (Zemenides Mansion),
30-32 Chrysaliniotissis street, opposite from the Panagia Chrysaliniotissa church, in the Old town of Nicosia.